Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend News

I recently packed up the car and drove 700 miles to visit my family. My own family didn't attend due to budget restrictions. We thought it would be a lot easier to travel with one/two people as oppose to 5. I consider my wife to be a medium matenance kind of girl so she requires a little bit more of myself. I also took my second computer that my son uses to play his hunter on. He has grown tired of the game which could be due to the pressure I put on him to be more active during instances. I felt slightly bad as relatives were talking to me while I was trying to get my PC hooked up and tweaks as I noticed the frame rate was a bit low. I finally got it to look smooth and had a little fun.

Morpheuz news:
Most of Morpheuz fun was done Friday night as he entered Shadowlabs for the first time. I found myself in another PUG group as it appears many of my guild mates have moved on. I may have to do the same but I feel so quilty knowing the torch has been passed on to me and it's a gift I would gladly give back. This calls for someone who wants to be a leader in all aspects of the word. I primarily would like to lead a group into battle and try to be the best tank I can be. Since the latest patch, this instance has become slightly better. everything is fairly easy but call on the group to be on their game. We cleared all chambers to get the extra rep reward. The first boss when down fairly easy as everyone appeared to be used to this fight. The second chamber has gotten better to the degree that now the mobs are more manageable. As long as everyone picked up there marks, we did well. We had trouble on the outer pulls. And a Palli went along for the ride but knew we would get smashed with every pull but it didnt happen. Once we cleared and engaged the second boss, everyone noticed that we where wailing on the guy for a while when we noticed his health did not move. After a lengthy fight, one man went down and we happened to down this guy after a little bit of work. The pally had to log and we found another person to replace this guy. I think the hunter left also. We replaced both and continued. The 3rd boss was new to me as most of the PUG groups I've been in quit at this point but it was an extremely easy fight. I haven't done the fight before but I mostly tried to avoid the Voidwalker as I assumed they were regular adds. Turns out everyone else was not on top of this and took to much damage. We died. We ran back. I moved this guy around and everyone else knew the plan. It was an easy deal once that was done.

The final boss was Murmur which is a huge air elemental. The leader attempted to informed the group of the fight that was about to take place. From my point of view, which was like looking at the base of a tornado, I was unable to escape the circle in time to avoid the blast as I heard this was all a timing issue. I wanted to get this boss down to get my first key fragment. We corpse ran it back and inside and we started the fight again. Same thing happens. At this point a few members decided to drop out and it was now maybe 3:oo am. I thought that I could go to the web and find a strategy guide to get this guy down. If tanks weren't dum enough, I had to be the dummiest. Anyway, I found out that the container was on the left hand side of the wall. I hugged the wall and came upon the container. What I didnt know was a fight was waiting for me and I was alone. I crotched down and out come a ghostly looking mob. I started to go to work on him, turns out one of the other guys noticed I was in a fight and came to my aid. He dropped a few heals and we finally got the first key frag. I was elated. I decided to end the fight because I had to go somewhere.

SaintNic:
I'm actually getting a little bit more use to SaintNic now. He is up to a cool 23. I took the time out to go to Deadmines. Turned out to be pretty good due to the level 26 pally the group was rolling with. Everything went fairly smooth until we engaged Van Cleef. He turned out to be a good fight. There were 2 guys left standing after all was said and done. We rez and went to turn in out conquest. I then went to Stockade to see how I would do with that. I was pretty low on the damage meters from DM and wanted to give it another try by using the arcane missiles more. Didnt know how it would hold up being I was an ice mage.

Niobey:
I pulled out Niobey as I have been working to get her Tailoring skills up. I spent more money than I would like to at this point. Somewhere I read you can get to Lvl300 with 35g. With mageweave going for 1.7 to 2g a stack. I doubt it. But I will do it anyway. The altism has caused me to want to create my own bags. I wasted quite a bit of time going to Theramore before I was ready. Which sucked. I hearth back to IF. I then took the time to roll to SM library to pick up the hypnotic knife that drops from the last boss. We only wiped once and that was mostly due to me not knowing my priest UI. Its been at least 6 months since she has been out and about. I also learn that I get an entirely new set of "keys" when I switched to shadowform. I hadnt set the spells up and the slate was clean. We let a pet tank the last boss and we all fought from a distance. The warrior rushed in after the pet had aggro to assist. It was on of the easiest fights for this level. I was at level 40 and the expience was cool as I received about 200 exp per kill. Seemed decent anyway. The warrior was our lowest at 28.

Morpheusalt:
Just traveled to homeland to obtain new jewelcrafting reciped. Which are a bit better than what I had. The recipes he had required diamongs to skill up. At 15g each and the lack of farming them on my own, I thought I should wait that one out. Picked up 2 new reciped that required large emerald. Im sure these will go alot cheaper but need to make this toon work for himself and not depend on gold from my main.


The weekend was busier than I thought. I will be attempting to find out more info on old hillsbrad and work on talking my wife into an instance night for myself. She currently requires that I go to be when she does or she couldn't sleep.

Upcoming goals for the week:
1.) Start Netherwing questline
2.) Complete quests in Shadowmoon Valley - Nice blue rewards
3.) Purchase riding skill for flying mount. I have already purchased the mount itself.
4.) Find questline to go to Old Hillsbrad and eventually Black Morass.
5.) Get skill level up in blacksmithing for some new pieces. (Felsteel helm, collecting dust in my bag).

No comments: